- On-Street Bicycling Safety Fact Sheet
- Helmet Use, Safety, and Obesity. Not surprisingly, obesity goes down when bike use go up. But perhaps surprisingly, fatalities per miles go down along with helmet use.
- Is Cycling Dangerous? Accidents, Fatalities, Injuries and Benefits
- On-Street Cycling Safety (PDF) An excellent, 26-page illustrated booklet produced by the City of Calgary.
- Three lessons for a better cycling future The BMJ (British Medical Journal) advocates that more cycling, not more helmets, is key.
- The Helmet Debate addresses questions of whether mandatory helmet policies improve safety, or even whether wearing a helmet at all reduces the chance of accidents
- Cycle Path Safety: A summary of research. Research repeatedly shows that intersections between bike paths and roads are ripe for accidents.
- Cycling Friendly Cities - An excellent 15 minute video highlighting the cycling friendly cities of Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Bogota.